Sunday, November 24, 2013

Creeping suspicions


This post talks about the first steps to take when suspicions arise

So you are suspecting that you are being cheated and you want to know what's going on. However that is probably not what you want to do right now. You don't want to end up doing something you will regret later on. You probably don't want to end up like a colleague I had.

This colleague always said I should forget María and move on and all sorts of not so nice things about María. One day however my colleague admitted that she split up with a guy more than 5 years ago and she was still scouring the net for information on what he was doing. She said that was just curiosity. Move forward a few weeks and her ex apparently had started a new relationship with some girl and suddenly my colleague was totally shattered and super sad(even though she has a new boyfriend). So I don't know if she never realized it herself or if she just pretended to not care anymore, but she obviously still cares very much about him. I learned from quite a few people that they are in a similar boat. Everyone seems to pretend that they are all fine and dandy but when something bad happens to you and you are honest about how you feel, suddenly everyone slowly comes forth with that ex they really miss, like I miss María.
This is why you should first carefully think about where you want to go if your suspicions are true.

I didn't do that, I was completely unprepared and so made mistakes I could have avoided. The moment you actually know that your partner is cheating you, things are completely different and suddenly all these emotions will come and cloud your judgment and then when you confront your partner, it will be even worse.

Look at yourself and your relationship. Is your partner someone you would see yourself missing? Just don't end up realizing that one day while you find yourself 'just being curious about your ex'...

No comments:

Post a Comment